Note: Due to the complexity of fitting specialty lenses, and in order to comply with U.S. federal law, Alden Optical does not sell our contact lenses directly to patients.
Prosthetic & Enhancement Tints
Ocular trauma or having a disease that affects the eye’s natural look can be life altering. Fortunately, your eye care practitioner has many contact lens options that can restore a normal, natural look.
Alden Optical BioColors and Alden Prosthetic lenses do a great job of providing both prosthetic correction and restoration of a more natural look. Should you be interested in Alden's prosthetic designs, talk with your eye care practitioner. If you need an eye care practitioner specializing in prosthetic contact lenses, please click on the link below.
If your needs are more straightforward, such as needing to find a replacement for SoftColors or Acuvue Enhancers lenses, Alden Optical can combine a wide array of enhancement tints with our HP Toric and Sphere lens designs. The outstanding custom design of our HP Series allows your practitioner to correct for virtually any level of near or farsightedness, as well as astigmatism. So talk to your eye care practitioner today or find a practitioner by clicking on the link below.
Sclerals, Soft Kone Lenses, Corneal GPs – everything your practitioner needs to solve complex "medically indicated" conditions
Alden Optical offers many lens designs to assist your practitioner with medically indicated conditions like keratoconus, post-surgical conditions, trauma and congenital issues. Zenlens, our unique scleral design, and NovaKone which is a specially designed soft lens for keratoconus, have both been extremely valuable to specialty practitioners. If your practitioner is unfamiliar with Alden Optical, please direct them to this site or contact us at email@example.com. If you are searching for a new practitioner, the button below will take you to a map showing all specialty fitters working with Alden Optical designs
Soft multifocal contacts that correct astigmatism
If you enjoy soft contact lenses to correct your astigmatism but now need help with near vision and reading, you’re in luck! ASTERA™ Multifocal Toric can correct both astigmatism and presbyopia while offering great soft lens comfort and convenience. ASTERA Multifocal Toric is customized to your exact prescription; so no matter what your needs are, ASTERA Multifocal Toric is likely to be a great solution.
About Alden Optical
Founded in 1969 to provide Eye Care Practitioners with the best in contact lenses, Alden Optical has grown into one of North America’s premier custom and specialty contact lens manufacturers. Your Eye Care Practitioner may look to Alden Optical to address a variety of visual issues including needing an unusual prescription, astigmatism, presbyopia, unique eye (corneal) shape, trauma, or disease.
- Farsighted/Nearsighted—Alden Optical offers custom sphere and toric contacts for high prescriptions, uniquely shaped corneas, and other demanding vision correction issues.
- Presbyopia—If you’ve reached that "certain age" but want to continue wearing contacts, or you’ve been told that you can’t wear bifocal contacts because of an astigmatism, ASTERA Multifocal or ASTERA Multifocal Toric contact lenses may be the answer.
- Changing Your Eye Color—Alden Optical has a full range of custom enhancement tinted contact lenses that provide a subtle change of color. For a complete eye color change, consider BioColors custom opaque lenses
- Ocular Disease/Trauma—Alden specializes in prosthetic lenses to correct cosmetic abnormalities. Our standard prosthetics or BioColors should provide your practitioner with the designs necessary for a great cosmetic endpoint
- Keratoconus, and other "medically indicated" conditions—If you suffer from keratoconus or a related corneal condition, Alden offers several designs including Zenlens and NovaKone to fully correct your vision effectively and comfortably
Can’t find what you’re after? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to discuss your contact lens options and refer you to a practitioner if you wish
A message to prospective Alden Wearers
Alden Optical takes great pride in manufacturing a wide range of premium custom and specialty lenses. We work with eye care practitioners like yours to solve complicated fitting challenges on a daily basis. However, because of the complexity of fitting specialty lenses, and to comply with U.S. federal law, we do not sell our contact lenses directly to patients.
Please use this site to better understand your contact lens options, then talk with your eye care practitioner. If you don’t have an eye care practitioner, please refer to one of the “Find an Eye Care Practitioner” links to the left.
As a final note, since all Alden Optical lenses are custom made, we do not offer daily or biweekly replacement schedules. Your practitioner will likely recommend quarterly replacement as the best schedule for our lenses.